Monday, March 12, 2012

Painted Vases

I love love love Martha Stewart. Always have and always will. How many 12 year old girls do you know that would sit and watch the Martha Stewart Show? I did! I think I even said at one point in my life that I want to be the next Martha Stewart! Well I still watch her show and I still go to her website daily and get inspired. But one of my most favorite things is the Martha Stewart aisle at Michaels craft store. I find myself looking through every little fun/cute/clever thing that has her name on it and try to think of a reason of why I need to buy it... Well the other day I found a reason to use her all surface acrylic paints. I wanted to spruce up these vases that I had lying around and this was a very very easy way to do that!
These are what the vases looked like before. I washed them with soap and water and  dried them.


These are the 2 colors i chose. I liked the idea of having the blue color in a high gloss finish and the grey one not so glossy. I would also recommend using foam brushes to apply the paint so you don't get any fibers or lint from a regular paint brush on the vases.



And here is how they turned out! This was such an easy way to add a little more interest to some plain old glass vases!

Now they just need some fresh cut flowers in them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment