Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Message Board

 I finally got around to finishing this project. It started out as me wanting to make something to hang my jewelry on but I soon realized that I have waaaay too much jewelry for this 18x24 inch frame. (I also found something completely amazing for all my jewelry which I will share in a later post!) So my next idea was to make a message board and it turned out better than I thought and was way easy to make! Here's how I made it:

I found this picture frame and painted it a fun bright yellow.
Next I cut some foam core board to fit inside the frame and spray glued some thin batting to it.
I laid out my fabric (cutest fabric ever!) and positioned my frame on it so that I knew what part of the fabric I wanted to use and where to cut.


I used thumb tacks to attach the fabric and batting to the foam core board.
When I got to the corners I pulled the corner up tightly and pinned it...
and pulled the sides up tightly and pinned them. I did that all the way around the board and cut off the extra fabric so that there wasn't so much bulkiness. After that I fastened the board into the frame like a normal picture and...
ta da!!!! A custom message board!!
Seriously... how cute is this??! I love it! Perfect to add to any room in your home.
Pin to-do lists, photos, messages, and whatever else you can think of! It might be too cute to cover up with anything though! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment