Monday, January 16, 2012

Monster Room

I am so excited that I have the opportunity to help my brother create an awesome living space for himself! I have some really great ideas for his house and can't wait to get started. My brother has been open to my vision and is open to some really cool design concepts. His house is basically a blank canvas so that's a major plus! The first room we are concentrating on is the family/ tv room. I think it always helps to have some sort of inspiration when designing a room. Whether it's a fabric you really like or a wallpaper or a painting, it's always good to have something that you can base the room around and have a good jumping off point. In my brothers case it's his vintage monster movie posters. He has them in some nice black frames and they are a great inspiration for this room. What I'm most ecstatic about for this space is this absolutely beautiful and absolutely AMAZING wallpaper by Barbara Hulanicki (pictured below). Who knew that skull wallpaper could look this classy and stunning?? I am in love with it. It is a pricey paper so I'm going to use it on an accent wall but it will add a lot of impact. I'm so excited to get started so stay tuned for updates!!


The fabulous  Barbara Hulanicki wallpaper! 


A couple of the posters my brother has that will be displayed and have become the inspiration for the whole concept of the room.








No comments:

Post a Comment